Friday, October 3, 2008


If it isn't one thing than it is another. I tell you maybe being a homeowner isn't always very fun. Yesterday we had a flooding problem in our front yard. Jared thought it was a sprinkler pipe that had broken, as it turns out it is the Stop and Waste which is like 6 feet underground..which means Jared is going to have to dig out all of the dirt to get to it. The good thing for us is we could turn it off just were it meets the sprinklers so we still have water to our house..otherwise we would be living at Jared's parents for the next week, because we would have no water to our house!
We are getting tired of all the problems we have had in the yard. A few of our neighbors have had the same problem so luckily our neighbor is willing to help Jared fix the problem since he has fixed his before!
All is can say is "What were they thinking when they put the sprinkler system in?"-I think they just got it done as fast as they could without taking the time to do it right and now we have to go back and fix all of the problems..oh what fun!

6 comments:

Amber said...

I hear ya! Having a house and yard is such a blessing but also a lot of work!

Lindsay and Mike said...

I'm sorry! That stinks!

Bearonabike said...

Thats poopy, I guess its better it happens now rather than when it is 30 deg out and the ground is frozen. R U gettin that snowblower tuned up yet!!!
I may have to order some stickers!!

Jessica said...

Yikes!! looks like lots of fun - if you ever need help let us know.. i'm more than happy to send my husband over with a shovel!! I'm glad your pumpkin cookies turned out!! It is one of my personal favorites!! We need to figure out when our schedules cross so I can run over and visit!

Yeffy said...

At least you don't have the crazy sprinkler system I have found in my backyard. We don't even have a box and it is made out of garden hose...Now, tell me that isn't gonna be my most favorite fixer project.

Possible said...

We had the same problem! Those stop and waste people are getting a big laugh at all the six foot trenches in all our front lawns...

Followers