Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Friends


I have some great friends in my life. They have really been a blessing to me. I was talking to my friend Tifany on the phone the other day and I was asking about her 5 year old and if she had started kindergarten..she just missed the cutoff. I told her it is might be better anyway because next year she will be one of the oldest in her class not one of the youngest like I was. But as we continued to talk I realized that if I would have been held back a year I probably wouldn't have had the friends I did throughout my childhood. I would have been a year behind all of them. Yes I know I would have made other friends, but my experiences might have been very different. I wouldn't have been friends with the people that drove me around all of my sophomore year..since I didn't turn 16 until I was a junior! I would probably not have met some of my friends..they would have been seniors instead of juniors when I entered High School.

I am still friends --good friends--with some of the girls I went to High School with..we did some fun stuff...like going to Cedar City to the Shakespearean Festival or them setting me up on blind dates--that didn't turn out so great! True I don't see them as often as I should but we do keep in touch..and we have little things here and there that we all go to...like lunches or BBQs. And I am also grateful for the new friendships that continue to grow. I am just grateful for friends old and new that have been such a blessing to me!

The picture of my friends and I is a few years old..they have all had a few more kids since then! Melinda and Tifany have had a baby girl within the last two days--Congrats to them!

1 comment:

Kae said...

I didn't know you still keep in touch with Melinda, how is she. Tell her hi for me.

Followers