Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fresh Veggies!


My In-Laws have such an awesome garden. They always have more produce then they know what to do with..which is great for us. This year we have had tons of cucumbers fresh from the garden which I love! They are so good that way. We also decided that we would make fresh salsa with all of the tomatoes. My Mom is going to come out in a few weeks and help me can some for the winter months, which won't be as good because it won't be fresh but better than store bought stuff. One of the reasons I love summer is because of the fresh veggies...and we sure have had a lot of them! Next summer Jared said he would make planter boxes for our back porch so I can try and grow some veggies too...that should be fun!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Yummy. We use to have a garden when we lived in Utah and we loved it!! I have always wanted to make fresh salsa, but I never have. How did yours turn out? I'll have to get the recipe from you. :)

Yeffy said...

Hook your brother up! He will take any that you don't eat..both veggies and salsa.!.!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Lucky girl! I love salsa made from fresh garden veggies! Delicious!!! Had fun at Chili's tonight! Thanks for planning it!

samlyndseyfalkner said...

Yummy! I have never made salsa before, you'll have to let me know how it turns out :)

Bearonabike said...

Ok You are little behind on your blogging. I am tired of reading about peppers!!

Sandra said...

Just a sweet hello~

ps I enjoy canning!

Followers