Thursday, January 22, 2009

Left in Charge

As I mentioned in an earlier post the teacher I work with was gone last week after she fell and hurt her hip. When she is gone I have to take over the class and be in charge. I left early on Wednesday to go to the dentist and the other 2nd grade TA came to our class. I found out today that one of the boys in the class went home that day and told his Mom that the class was left all alone with no supervision, he told them when it was time for recess, what there homework was..etc..and was left in charge..the sad thing is his Mom actually believed him and called up the Director of our school. Of course she knew that didn't happen. My question is..would you believe your 7 year old if they came home and told you that they were the teacher for the day? I mean really what did his Mom think, I was under the table taking a nap or something?

3 comments:

Jen said...

that is funny. that is one gullible mom. i wonder what else that boy tells his mom.:)

Lindsay and Mike said...

Are you serious??? I'm glad the director knew what had REALLY happened! Hopefully, that little boy gets a good punishment so he remembers not to lie again!

Kierston said...

I recently had an experience like that too. It's so frustrating. This mom believes that her child is perfect so I am always in the wrong. There are no consequences for this girl. It's really making it a difficult year.

Followers