Sunday, February 17, 2008

A nice weekend getaway!


After we had that nice blast of snow it was nice to have a warm weekend away. My school was canceled on Thursday due to the storm so I have had a nice break from work. My bike also showed up on Thursday so that was a nice Valentine present for me! We got up at 5am on Friday morning to come to my Dad's in Mesquite. In Beaver we stopped and ate breakfast and then we went to the Cheese Factory --my favorite place in Beaver. We ended up stopping in St. George so Jared could find himself a bike helmet. Friday night we went to the had a really good dinner at the Eureka buffet. Any kind of food you could want.
On Saturday we went to see the movie "Jumper"--a very good show. On Saturday night we had a BBQ at my Dad's with family that had also come down for the long weekend. It was good to see one of my cousins that I haven't seen for 4+ years. Karri had not even met Jared--how sad is that? It really isn't that far from Salt Lake! We had good food and it was fun to talk.
Today we are going to Vegas! I am not sure what we will do there..I know we are going to In and Out for lunch (the Young's revolve around this burger joint). It should be a fun day!
We go home to the snow tomorrow--it has been a nice little weekend away! Thanks to my Dad and Deb for a great place to stay!

2 comments:

Muir Family said...

How fun, to just get away. Sounds so nice, I'm looking forward to that (in another 3 years!!).

Lindsay and Mike said...

I am so jealous! I'm sick of snow and cold!

Followers