Thursday, November 13, 2008

A trip to the dentist

About a year and 1/2 ago I had some root canals done on my two front teeth..there is a long story behind all of this (I knocked out my two front teeth in 9th grade- they were put back in and I have since had crowns on them), there was an infection in my gums which was why I had the root canals. These past few weeks I have had a pain in my gum that just wouldn't let up. I went into the dentist today and he told me there was another infection that had moved higher up into my gums and into the root of my tooth. He went into my gums and dug out the infection in the root and around it, leaving me with stiches in my gum. I got some lortab so I will be in lala land tonight! I am praying that this infection will clear up and there is not a break in the root..so he doesn't have to pull my teeth and get inplants instead...I told Jared we could just have me be with no teeth and we could move to Oklahoma were we would fit in! Say a prayer for me that we don't have to do that!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Oh man, that's too bad. I have to get an implant put in and I am not looking forward to it! I hope your infection clears up and that you won't have worry about this anymore.

Lindsay and Mike said...

And, if you don't like Oklahoma...there's always Louisiana (my old stomping grounds). There's plenty of folks there that are missing a few teeth! (I'm just kidding by the way) Good luck! Get feeling better in time for girls night next Wednesday!

The Sutton Family said...

Awwwww I think you'd look darn purdy with no teeth! woot!!

Emily Hartvigsen said...

Oh, that makes me cringe! I'm sorry you have to go through that. I hate the dentist!

M-Andy said...

I've been there, but with a back tooth. Stupid crowns are so hard to take care of! Good luck!

Followers