Sunday, June 29, 2008

Balloon Rally


My Step Dad & Mom have a cabin up by Panguitch Lake. Every year in Panguitch they have a Hot Air Balloon Rally. This year my Mom & Step Dad decided it would be fun to have all of the kids and grand kids come up. Jared had to work and Trent (my brother in law) had to work so Krista (my sister) and I decided we would go and take her kids with us. It was a good little weekend adventure for the two of us. We left on Thursday afternoon and drove down to the cabin with a stop at the Beaver Cheese Factory. On Friday we drove the hour or so to Cedar City to meet my Dad & Aunt Jeanne for lunch. IT was fun to see them both--we had a good time eating and talking! Afterwards we went back to the cabin and just hung out and played some games. On Saturday we hung around the cabin until after a great dutch oven dinner. All 19 of us drove to Panguitch to see the Balloons. It was really neat to see them all lite up and floating. The kids didn't like the flames of the balloons so much. Overall it was a fun weekend!

3 comments:

Nella said...

Cool weekend! I'm glad you guys are still in our ward and they didn't draw the line right between us. :)

samlyndseyfalkner said...

Wow! (Your hubby was sad to be alone I bet) But it looks like you had a really good time. I am jealous, a weekend away, AHHHH!!!! Lucky you :)

Lindsay and Mike said...

I need a weekend away STAT! I'm jealous! Looks like a great time!

Followers