Saturday, January 26, 2008

Tosca & Girls Night


Last night I went to the Opera "Tosca". I went with my sister Krista and one of her friends from work. The only problem for me was finding a parking place in downtown SLC. That was a joke! Of course I had no cash on me and so I had to drive around looking for a place with a meter to park (because I had change) and after 5:30 or 6:00 parking is free. I never carry cash but maybe for this occasion I should have brought some. I drove around for 1/2 hour looking for a spot. Finally I found one about a block away! Then I met my Jeff, Krista and her friend at Olive Garden for dinner. That place is so good. Afterwards we went across the street to watch "Tosca. The Opera was in Italian with subtitles (which I have to say did not thrill me at first! I didn't want to have to read what I was watching) but after it got started I really enjoyed it. One of the only reasons I attended was because Becca and Jeff were in it. Becca was in the first act as a little choir boy--we were able to pick her out pretty fast. Jeff actually had a pretty big role! He was one of the policemen in every single act! It was fun to watch him when he came on stage trying to be all serious. Becca got us awesome seats so we could see everything up close. Overall I have to say that the Opera was great! We had a fun night.


Thursday night was our Monthly Girls Night Out. What we do depends on what the person in charge for that month decides(I am in charge in August so if anyone has any ideas let me know). So for January we went to Christa's house to play some games. We started out the night playing "Scene It Friends"- I thought I would be pretty good at this game since I love the show, boy was I wrong! Alicia killed us! She loves the show even more than I do.
.
Next we played "Apples to Apples" this was a fun game too. I wanted this game for Christmas (and I didn't get it-now I might have to go and buy it). We had a fun time with this game, trying to get the other people to choose our cards. I only ended up with three and lost again! The last game we played was "Catch Phrase" where you have to describe something to your teammates. I realize that I was not very good at this game either! I had to keep on passing on the things or I would say part of the answer and start laughing! Overall the night was so much fun. It was fun to just laugh and talk too! WE had a great time.

4 comments:

Bearonabike said...

Girls Night? Does Jared get boys night?
We had dinner with your dad Friday night. It was good to see him!!

Anonymous said...

I have apples to apples children's addition. good times!! Check out our blog. WWW.THEJEFFTHEBECCA.BLOGSPOT.com

Lindsay and Mike said...

Yay for girls night! I had such a great time, even though I wasn't very good at most of the games either! I don't think I've laughed that hard in months! Glad you came and had a good time!

Anonymous said...

Your website looks great. How did you get the Happy Valentine's Day on your site. I really liked that.

Followers