Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Field Trip



The second grade class I work with went on a Field Trip today. It started off with a charter bus picking us up at the school as soon as the bell rang. It wasn't any old school bus, it was a nice bus that had a DVD player (which was great for keeping the kids quiet). We went to "This is the Place Heritage Park". I have lived in Utah my whole life and I have never been there before. It was a fun day for us. We got to learn how the pioneers lived when they came into the Salt Lake Valley. We visited a little log cabin that had a family of 13 living in it. A one room cabin! I think my house is cramped sometimes and it is Jared and I. We got to visit the Barber Shop and some of the boys got "shaved" by the Barber. We ate our lunches and then we got to go on a train ride around the park. Overall I think the experience was great. The kids got to see what they are actually learning about in class and they were so tired when we got back to the school! They should sleep so good for their parents tonight.


No comments:

Followers