Friday, November 23, 2007

Crazy shoppers


We got up at 3:00 a.m. to go shopping! Yes I know we are some of the crazy people out there that wanted a good deal. We met up with Jared's mom at 4:00 a.m. at Kohls where some guy got a little bit mad at Jared for not waiting in the long line before he walked in the door. It would have been fine if we wouldn't have seen this guy again but he ended up being at the checkout next to ours and of course they had to have a few more words. The store worker came over and told them both they would have to leave or they would call the police..at this point I was done and Polly was in the check out so it was fine, and we left. I was paranoid the rest of the morning that we would run into Jared's "friend" again but we didn't!
AND--we got some good deals at Target and other places. We even went to breakfast at Ihop at 5:30 a.m. The crazy thing is Jared had to work at 8:00. I am sure by the time he gets home tonight he is going to be so tried! I got home around noon..took my shower, wrapped my presents and layed on the couch where I fell asleep for a few hours! Another Black Friday come and gone! Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Bearonabike said...

May I ask...."What the jingle bells was Jared doing out shopping at 5 am anyways"? I could see maybe going to breakfast, but sleep is just to precious the day after Thanksgiving. However I will probably do it after Christmas.
GO UTES!!!!!!! 24-17 for Utah!!!

Lindsay and Mike said...

I went shopping on Black Friday once and swore I would never do it again, so you are a much braver woman than I! As far as the backgrounds are concerned, I can help you anytime you want...just give me a call!

Anonymous said...

Dear Mel,
I'm sure you must have misunderstood your morning of shopping activities .... as I'm sure my "perfect" nephew Jared would NEVER do anything to cause shame or undue attention to come to the family .... and to even imply that my darling child Jared would do anything as misguided as waking up at 3:00 am, I think YOU must have been effected by that high mountain air ... to kick that poor darling boy's POSTERIOR OUT OF BED AT SUCH A DISCUSTING TIME OF DAY!!!! lol

I'll have to "share the wisdom" with that child that everybody in MY family should have the god given INTELLEGENCE to sleep in and save his money! lol

Personally, I stayed in the hotel in Anchorage and slept in and had room service for breakfast!!!!

Hugs, Aunt Donna

Followers