Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Almost to 18 weeks..that will be tomorrow! I am stressing a little bit because I haven't gained any weight, in fact I have lost weight. Jared tells me not to worry- it will all happen at the end. I am just afraid of what the Doctor will say. I go back in 2 weeks and then we will be able to find out what we are having..so excited about that! Everyone says it is a boy so my guess is a girl, I have told Jared all of these things that people say to tell you what you are having like pee on draino and swing your ring over your belly..he just laughs and says we can wait until the ultrasound.

On another note, Thanksgiving is in 2 days! I can't believe how fast this year has gone. The kids at school had a Thanksgiving feast today and now we are off until Monday...it is a much needed break! Happy Thanksgiving!!

9 comments:

Emily Hartvigsen said...

You sound like me. I lost 10 pounds in my first trimester. The doctor wasn't concerned though. We were on vacation, so we did a lot of hiking, walking, and swimming, plus I didn't have much of an appetite. I think it's normal to lose a little bit of weight in the beginning, especially if you've been sick.
I hope you're feeling well, and all goes well with you little baby. :)

The Kelley's said...

Don't worry about not gaining weight. I have only gained about 10 pounds this whole pregnancy and there is only 5 weeks left. Don't worry, the baby will get what he/she needs from you!

Amber said...

i lost weight my first trimester too from throwing up so much, but my doctor just said the baby is like a parasite and it will take whatever it needs from you. it's nice to know that the baby is okay no matter what. even though you are then left depleted. i'm so excited for you. can't wait to hear what you are having. no guesses from me. i've been guessing wrong a lot lately!

Armstrong Family said...

I lost 30 pounds with the 1st baby and 25 with the 2nd. I weighed less than my starting weight once I was full term with both. You're doing just fine! Baby is getting everything he/she needs. Most OB's don't worry too much about not gaining weight at this point.

Lindsay and Mike said...

I'm so happy for you! You need to post ASAP after you find out what you are having!

Paul/Heather said...

Isnt being pregnant amazing? I think it is the COOLEST gift as women.
Best of luck!

Kristin said...

Lots of people lose weight during the first part...just don't be doing it on purpose and you will be fine. Please post what you're having as soon as you find out. I can't wait to hear!!! I'm hoping for pink.

The Baja Hatches said...

me too me too, think pink!!!!

Kae said...

You are so funny, I think I have stresses over different things during each of my pregnancies. I have gained weight and lost weight at all different times in my pregnacy and all of my babies have weighed around 7 pounds. Good luck, stressing about our children just comes with being a mom.

Followers