Wednesday, May 12, 2010






We go to the Pediatrician tomorrow for Maren's 2 week check up. She is a good baby, minus the not sleeping so well at night. She crys and crys if we put her down before she falls asleep...and then she wakes herself up! I tried to swaddle her last night and she hated it- she fought to get her hands free- my little escape artist! She sleeps for a few hours at a time...some nights. Others like last night she just keeps on waking up. I got so exhausted that I had to just let her cry- Jared got up and went and held her. I am feeling better from the delivery - that took about a week, now if I could just get some much needed sleep we will be good!

I am getting out of the house tonight- Jared will stay home with Maren. The 2nd graders have a singing program for their parents and I am going to go. It will be fun to see the kids and I know they will be disappointed that I don't bring the baby. I did promise them I would bring her in before school lets out- we will go in next week!
Krista,Braelym and Maren


2 comments:

Kae said...

New borns are hard. I remember with my first thinking this will never get better or easier. She will sleep better in a few weeks I promise. Try to take one day at a time. I know this is totally against the rules but I always had my babies sleep on their tummies because they slept better. I just assumed they would be ok because, well they where my kids and they would be fine, right... and they have been. But I know very few mothers let their babies sleep that way. You just need to find what works for you. good luck, it will get better.

Lisa Zindel said...

Chandler slept in his carseat for the first 3 weeks. Every time I would lay him down in his bassinet, he would scream. If I placed him in his carseat, he was a happy camper and went right to sleep. Perhaps it was the fact he was sitting up a little bit and was easier for him to breath. I'm sorry you are having such a struggle at night. Hope it gets better for you quickly.

We love you guys!
Gavin, Lisa & Family

Followers