Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What is that?

Last night we were home doing nothing- Jared was watching the Jazz game and I was on the computer- when we hear this weird noise in the backyard. I can hear Jared banging on the window and the dog going crazy, so I go out and see this thing hanging on my back porch light. It was black, we had no idea what it was, thought it was a raccoon so we bring in Missy just in case and the animal finally drops after us banging on the window. It turns out it was a cat, that we had never seen before. Jared decides if we let Missy out the cat will run, so we do, and the cat stays and takes a swipe at our dog, which of course makes my Husband MAD! So he goes and gets his BB Gun and takes a shot at the cat. Did this make the cat run? Nope, it just hissed at Jared! We thought it ran away after that so we are out talking to Clint - our neighbor- who heard the ruckus, and we start to hear some noises behind the BBQ...so we look and the cat is hiding out. Jared slams the BBQ up next to the dog house and we call Animal Control...so Jared waits with a flashlight on the back porch for Animal Control to arrive. He was calling this thing "Satan's Cat" by this time, it hadn't moved since he pushed the BBQ. When they arrive they have a cage and they try for a few minutes to be nice and get it out, it doesn't want to come, so they put their little thing around its neck and gently put it in the cage. As it turns out there are tags on the cat, so it belongs to someone, we hope it doesn't return because Jared knows where his gun is, and not his BB Gun!

6 comments:

samlyndseyfalkner said...

Sam told me about that, crazy!!! I am not a cat lover, and after your story I know why!!! YUCK!!!! I am glad Missy survived!!!

BTW....I love your glitter toes, so cute!

Amber said...

Sounds like a crazy cat to me. The best part is that the people that own the cat will have to pay to get it out. I hope it never comes back.

p.s. i like our glitter toes too. I've heard they really last for a long time. sweet.

Lindsay and Mike said...

Haha! Satan' cat! That's hilarious!

Paul/Heather said...

we learned that a tylonel will kill them as well-that is a more quiet method. :)

Jessica said...

I loved hearing you tell this story. That was absolutly the devil cat! I hope it never comes back to your yard - I wonder if it has an internal bleed from being shoved by the BBQ-probably deserves it!

Nella said...

Hee, hee. We could hear the banging at our house, this hilarious!

Followers