Tuesday, July 22, 2008

5 Bands from High School

I got tagged by Lyndsey to do this one. I just know some of you are going to be thinking "What was wrong with her in High School?" So here you go.

The first band - really song- that I loved in High School was "No Rain" by Blind Melon. I really am not sure why I loved this song so much but I remember being at our school Stomps and going crazy when it came on.

The second band that I listened to quite a bit- and still do- is Depeche Mode. I love their music and I think alot of that had to do with my Uncle Rich (who is only 4 years older than me). He used to listen to it around my brother and I and I learned to love it. And since Jared is the same age we still listen to them now.

The third band is "Backstreet Boys" I just now what you are thinking "Is she nuts" but I liked their songs..catchy tune and all. I even went to a concert with my sister in Vegas..it was fun!

Fourth I liked U2...probably like everyone else. In High School their was a laser show at the Planetarium that my friends and I went too. They had some good songs.

And the fifth band is Erasure. They also had some pretty good songs. I had an aerobic class in High School, we had to make up some kind of routine for the class and I did that routine to an Erasure song. It is another 80's band that we still listen to.

So now please tell me what you listened to in High School Jen, Emily, Kristin & Danielle

6 comments:

Jen said...

Fun post Mel...and thanks for the tag. I really like Depeche Mode...and U2! In fact, and I am totally NOT kidding, With or Without You is on the radio RIGHT NOW!!...totally crazy!

Anyway, I am headin' to Utah tomorrow and Krista and I talked about getting together some time while I'm out there for lunch. You should come too!!

Speaking of Krista...and Backstreet Boys...she totally got me hooked on them when we were in high school :-) Oh, good times.

Lindsay and Mike said...

I too loved Backstreet!!! Glad to find another BB lover! They are right up there with NKOTB!!!

Muir Family said...

I'm doing this, I'm just slow these days. I finally got around to the memory thing--I know it's late, but wanted to let you know I did it.

Emily Hartvigsen said...

Hey! I've never been tagged before. I just finished posting my 5 bands. So come check it out!

samlyndseyfalkner said...

Yeah, you did it!! I liked Backstreet Boys too! No you aren't a dork, we all listened to goofy things and probably still do :)

Nella said...

So, I've been trying to think about this Band thing, and I can't come up with any. I'm a sort of shmorgus board listener and always have been. I can't stand to listen to one artist a whole CD through. I've always picked two or three songs I love from a certain album and then ditch the rest. I'm sure some people would disagree with this approach to music listening, ok fine, I'm a lazy listener. :)

Followers