Friday, May 30, 2008

End of School


Today was the last day of school. I worked with Mrs. Varner this year and she is from Hawaii. We also had two girls in our class that have parents from Hawaii. To celebrate the last day of school we had a luau. It was great. The food was awesome! They made this pineapple with a seasoning on it- it was sooo good! The kids learned how to hula..and they made some grass skirts to wear. They all looked so cute. The Mom in charge bought Mrs. Varner and I a lei..it was beautiful. It was a great school year. Some of the kids I will definitely miss..others not so much! Mrs. Varner is moving to 6th grade next year..I will be with a new teacher. I am sure she will be great too. The kids made these cute paper bouquets of flowers..and a very nice card to go with it. They all had to give us hugs as they were leaving.



For the summer I am going to work with SL county Recreation in Sandy doing their summer program called Super Seekers. I think it will be lots of fun! Tons of great field trips & places to visit this summer.

2 comments:

Nella said...

Hey, if you end up at Dimple Dell Rec Center in the mornings, look for me in the day care! That sounds like a really fun summer job.

Lindsay and Mike said...

Yay for summer break! Sounds like your summer gig should be a fun one!

Followers